What's the problem?
The Adi hospital has had a functioning centrifugal pump again since 2015. In 2016 we repaired the diesel engine that drives the centrifugal pump. For this purpose we bought original spare parts in Germany and took them with us in our suitcase.
The water supply of the hospital is still in a very bad condition. In addition, the piping is not very useful and therefore the pressure losses are extremely high.
The following sub-projects are to be carried out this year:
- Purchase of a solar pump and material for it
- Purchase of a solar system and materials
- Replacement of the main water pipe
- Conversion of the supply network
- Installation of wash basins in all rooms of the hospital
- Construction of a sewage disposal system
- Construction of a guard house at the pumping station
- Renovation of the deep tank
The hospital in Adi is dependent on outside help, as patients are often so poor that they cannot pay the bill for treatment. Anyone who comes and needs help will get help. Sometimes people pay in kind, but it is not enough to buy medicines or pay salaries. Therefore the hospital cannot finance such expenses like a new pump.