What's the problem?
The dirty water, which flows through the village in an irrigation ditch, can be easily cleaned.
Very sporadically the moringa tree (Moringa oleifera) grows in Rukaramu, whose seeds can be used for water purification. During the first meeting with the village chief it turned out that the population does not know what potential this tree has.
- Educating the population about the potential of the moringa tree
- Planting of 4 Moringa trees per family
- Lessons in the village school on drinking water and hygiene
- Training of the village community on drinking water and hygiene
What does the project cost?
For domestic water treatment a family needs a 20-litre bucket with lid and a sealable 250 ml container.
With a donation of:
- 1 Euro you finance a sealable 250ml plastic container for a family
- 6 Euro you finance a 20 litre bucket with lid for a family
- 10 Euro finance 150 Moringa oleifera seeds
Project costs: 2.000 Euro